Many such situations can be seen in which MBOX file has to be converted to Outlook PST. But the question is the same “How does Microsoft Outlook import MBOX file?” All users know that Outlook saves data in PST and OST. So users cannot open mbox file directly in Outlook.
In such situations, manual and third-party solutions can be used to convert MBOX to an Outlook PST file. Here both the methods are mentioned, you can do the conversion with anyone.
Manually importing MBOX file into Outlook
This method helps the user in every way but it requires some hard work. So if you want to manually import data into Outlook from MBOX then follow the below steps.
Stage 1: Gmail Setup
- Go to Google Mail (Gmail) >> Gear icon >> See All Settings
- Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab >> Under IMAP access “Enable IMAP” then scroll the window and click save changes.
Create New App Password for Gmail
- Click on the Google Mail profile icon >> Manage Your Google Account
- Security Tab >> Enable 2-step verification (if not)
- Follow step 2 >> Security Tab >> click on Generate New Password (below two-step verification)
- Verify account detail >> Choose System and Item (Mail) >> Next
- Now copy and save the code for later use.
Stage 2: Configure Account Gmail to MBOX-based email client like Thunderbird using IMAP
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird >> Click on Tool >> Account Setting
- Account Action >> Add Mail Account
- Fill in the log-in detail of Google Mail and Type New App Password
- Follow the instruction and wait until the finish.
- Once the account is set up, go to the interface and create a new folder under the account.
- Drag all MBOX file data into the new folder. It will automatically synchronize to the Gmail account.
- Again create a new Password for Gmail to Outlook setup and follow the last phase.
Stage 3: Configure Gmail to Outlook to import MBOX files
- Run Microsoft Outlook >> File >> Account Setting >> Add Account
- Fill Gmail account information with New App Password
- Choose IMAP protocol then next
- Confirm the password (if ask) then wait for the confirmation window.
- After carefully following all the stages, you will get a Thunderbird MBOX file in your Microsoft Outlook account. This method works on all MS Outlook versions, however, the setup option in the old Outlook version is different.
There are more manual methods available to export MBOX files to Outlook. You can read it here: Outlook import MBOX files
How does Microsoft Outlook import MBOX files using the professional tool?
If you don’t want to follow the manual because of some reason then you don’t worry about it. Professional application is the more effective and fast way to convert MBOX files into Outlook PST format. You can also export bulk mailboxes at once.
The most highly recommended tool is MailsDaddy MBOX to PST converter tool which maintains folder hierarchy, rich text formatting, inline images, attachments, and other properties in a new PST file. You can use the software on different Windows OS and import mailboxes to Outlook, Office 365, EML, MSG, HTML, etc.
Steps to Export MBOX file to Outlook
- Download MBOX to PST Converter tool and install it in your system.
- Run the program and click on Add file button to load the MBOX file.
- Browse MBOX >> after loading, press the Export button
- Choose PST file format with a single or separate PST option
- Save the destination then hit on Next.
The conversion process is running on the screen so wait until the process is over. After that, you can import the mailbox into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Microsoft Outlook does not import MBOX files directly therefore we have a manual and direct method to convert emails at once. I have shared both processes to migrate the mailbox to PST. Also share a professional application tool that is much easier to export large MBOX files to Outlook at once.
Apart from that if you want to know Microsoft MB-300 online exam then please visit our Technology Category.