Cooling towers are more like a special type of heat exchanger. They provide space for water and air to be mixed so that the water’s temperature can be reduced. During this process, a small amount of the water is evaporated to reduce the water temperature – Tsur Ben David, CEO of well-known energy efficiency and non-chemical treatment technologies manufacturer CET Enviro. This process is repeated multiple times to let the air conditioning tool work smoothly and effectively. Just like any machine, a cooling tower also consists of some important parts and each of them has some functions.
To find out more about the same, take a look at this post.
- Drift Reducers: When you ask a professional, they will tell you that drift reducers are one of the most important parts of any cooling tower. With the help of these parts, a larger amount of water droplets is tapped and removed. If these parts are abrupt, they will no longer throw steam or remove water droplets.
- Drive Shafts: The main objective of the drive shafts in a cooling tower is to connect the electric motors and gearbox shafts (input). Tsur Ben David says that these drive shafts are prone to corrosion, so you must check them after regular intervals to make sure they are working properly without any hassle.
- Fill Media: You will be amazed to know that the operational abilities of cooling towers are mainly decided by the mediums you have filled in it. The medium chosen to fill in it will determine how your purchased cooling tower will act. For instance, if you have one of the most advanced cooling towers, then you will notice that it is filled with plastic materials or simple plastic to ensure maximum water evaporation. This fill is nothing but a thin layer that is coated to ensure better functions.
- Gearbox: It is a connection between the gears’ set and the shafts. These are used to decrease the rotating velocity of the fans to match the tower’s speed. These gearboxes can significantly be used to cut down the mechanical system’s cost as well as the need for a large-sized motor.
- Nozzles of the Cooling Towers: A cooling tower such as the cross-flow comes with numerous nozzles. To transport water, these towers make the best use of gravity. Now, you must be wondering about the purposes of having these nozzles. Actually, these nozzles send the water to the main fill and help the system to reduce the temperature.
Summing it up!
These parts of a cooling tower are crucial to let the system work as it is expected. Above-listed parts are the ones that help in the overall high performance of the cooling tower. But yes, you should pay attention to the maintenance part as well. For this, you can seek professional guidance from the country’s leading manufacturer– CET Enviro by Tsur Ben David CEO. This firm offers eco-friendly treatment technologies and a maintenance facility for cooling towers. Get in touch with them for more.
Apart from that if you want to know about White CPU Cooler then please visit our Business page.